The 12 Promises of AA...
1. If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. poem article
2. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. poem article
3. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. poem article
4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. poem article
5. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. poem article
6. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. poem article
7. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. poem article
8. Self-seeking will slip away. poem article
9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. poem article
10. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us . poem article
11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. poem article
12. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for oursleves. poem article
The Promises and the emotions...
Whenever a 12 Step program is started we go on a
path to a new life filled with promises. The promises
are what we work for and when it arrives, our
emotions can overwhelm us.
Filled with these new found emotions, we can have
an ear to ear grin or we can cry uncontrollably. We
may even experience pain, maybe for the first time!
It's all good through because without emotions,
without feelings we can not grow.
To the right is a video about the promises of the 12
Step program Emotions Anonymous.
Spirituality vs. Religion
While many may believe that the two are one in the same. I disagree. You
can be spiritual without being religious. And you can also be religious without
being spiritual. Four quotes I've heard about the difference that I truly enjoy.
~ Religion is for people scared of going to hell, while spirituality is for
people who've been in hell. ~
~ Religion is man's search for a God. Spirituality is God's search for a
~ Religion has torn the world apart. Spirituality is teaching the world to
hold hands. ~
~ Religion is belief in someone else's experience. Spirituality is
having your own experience. ~
by living with the 12 step promises