"Seek those that search for the truth...
and run from those that have found it."
Mohandas K. Gandhi once said,
"It is the duty of every cultured man and
woman to read sympathetically the
scriptures of the world. If we are to
respect others' religions as we would
have them respect our own, a friendly
study of the world's religions is a sacred
The Native American Ten Commandments
1. The Earth is our mother; Care for her
2. Honor all your relations
3. Open your heart and soul to the great Spirit
4. All life is sacred; treat all beings with respect
5. Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more
6. Do what needs to be done for the good of all
7. Give constant thanks to the great Spirit for each new day
8. Speak the truth, but only of the good in others
9. Follow the rhythms of nature; rise and retire with the sun
10. Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks
original origin is unknown
Confucius once said,
"Do no harm to your neighbors, as you
wish not to be harmed." A political and
social statement that almost 500 years
later was changed to say, "Love one
another as I have loved you." According
to Jesus Christ this is the greatest
commandment. Said in many different
ways, it is the belief for Love in this life,
rewarding us with the Hope of eternal life.
Ancient cultures believed that we are guided and lead by power animals. Early in
my recovery, whatever I did I would see owls near by. They were a very strong
guiding force during that time.
The last few years it has been the bear that leads me. For a list of these power
animals click here.
Or this site which shows the use of power animals through Lakota beliefs.
My life in the Midwest...
Most of my adult life I have spent in Wyoming, South Dakota, and Nebraska. I have walked on the
sacred grounds of the Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota. Or more commonly known as the Sioux Nation.
To live on this land, I needed to learn who tracks I was following and what guided me. I believe we
owe it to the ancestors of this country to learn their culture and their ways.
This is a great site for the ways of the Sioux Nation.
May I keep an open mind especially on spiritual matters, remembering that
"spiritual" is a bigger word than religious." I was born of the Spirit, but I was taught
From the meditation book A Day At A Time CompCare Publications
Sigmund freud |all psychology blog. Freud's biography, theory, books, pictures, life and work. Psychology, psychoanalysis and psychotherapy articles.
East vs. West
I have found so much joy in learning the different ways the western world functions
compared to the eastern world. On the right are two different views of it.
The top two images are from the book Peeling The Sweet Onion by Martin Segal
and gives the western view. The bottom image is by Vietnamese Reverend Tran
Binh Trong. Click on them to see the full image.
|p.69-70 from Peeling The Sweet Onion
with our searching... our seeking
The Natural Laws of the Universe
I believe our quest is to live a life of harmony, contentment, peace of mind, and
happiness. It was Plato who said, "To know God, you must know the Law."
These are the Laws.
1. The Law of Forms poem article
2. The Law of Perfection poem article
3. The Law of Energy poem article
4. The Law of Patterns poem article
5. The Law of Unity poem article
6. The Law of Actualization poem article
7. The Law of Expectation poem article
8. The Law of Mirrors poem article
9. The Law of Attraction poem article
10. The Law of Resistance poem article
11. The Law of Opposites poem article
12. The Law of Paradox poem article
13. The Law of Imagination poem article
14. The Law of Imitation poem article
15. The Law of Benevolence poem article
16. The Law of Synchronicity poem article
17. The Law of Serendipity poem article
18. The Law of Experiential Perfection poem article
19. The Law of Altruism poem article
20. The Law of Quietness poem article
21. The Law of Repetition poem article
22. The Law of Karma & Reincarnation poem article
23. The Law of Attitude poem article
24. The Law of Choice poem article
25. The Law of Intensity poem article
26. The Law of Acceptance poem article
27. The Law of Simplicity poem article
28. The Law of Here & Now poem article
Creating Dreams Musings
Learning The Ancient Ways...
Early in my recovery, I began a journey of
looking at all the religions as well as the
As you can see, I have a very strong bond
with the Native American beliefs, but before
that, I found a strong fascination with the
Gods of Olympus.
The video is called Who's Eyeing Me? and
it's a story of these gods and how they have
entered my life.
Master Practitioner 18 years sober Hypnotist
& Life Coach
12 Steps - AA CODA Self-Parenting
12 Promises - AA ACOA
Like Creating Dreams
Follow Creating Dreams